Wednesday, October 13, 2010
imagine
When I was a young gal I could only imagine traveling across the USA, much less across the Atlantic!
This month a dream came true! I got to stand next to the Leaning Tower of Pisa! It didn't even seem real. I still wonder at the pictures that prove I was there lol!Our tour guide told us she would show us the best place to take the "cheesy" pictures of us "holding up" the tower.Of course I followed her lol!!
I have been to Italy before, but not the Tuscany area. We took a tour bus to an organic farm where we were served a delicious lunch and many wines. The farm was on a beautiful hill surrounded by groves of grapes still hanging on the vines. It was near harvest time.
Our next stop was the mid evil town of Siena . I loved the cobblestone walkways and the history attached to the town. It had an original tower that was completed in 1348! There were Gothic Cathedrals and many shops of leather goods which I loved! I bought hubby a belt and me, a hand stitched pair of leather walking shoes. I wish I would have had more time to brows, but our tour guide had already left behind one person at our last stop sooo!
I will write later on San Gimignano, the island of Santorini and Athens Greece.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mary..
ReplyDeleteYour trip sounds wonderful, Love the pics you posted.. It is a great area to visit, and so glad one of your dreams came true.. Looking forward to your next blog so I can live your trip thru your eyes.. (well actually words lol)
:)