This post may seem silly to some, but I had to write it down.
Since my knee surgery over 5 yrs ago, I have been unable to jog, speed walk or ride my bike. I used to run 4-6 miles a day without panting. Sometimes I would bike into town & back 14 miles round trip. I remember one winter the roads were so bad that I cross country skied into town. I loved it! Everything came to a stop when I had my knee replaced. I still walk as much as possible, but I miss bike riding.The bike I have has a high center bar and the peddles make it hard to lift my knee to make the rotation.
In the Last few months I have been on a mission to find an older Schwinn with a low center bar. I need the low bar so I can dismount fast to prevent a fall (my biggest fear). Last week I saw an add in the paper for an old one speed ladies Schwinn bike. I called and found out no one had claimed it. I brought my treasure home, like a giddy little girl !
I have made a few attempts to ride it but only went the length of our short driveway.
Today I tried again and woosh , I went around our property only jumping off once! I will soon be heading to the nearest bike trail. No stopping me now!! The best $40.00 I ever spent!
Since my knee surgery over 5 yrs ago, I have been unable to jog, speed walk or ride my bike. I used to run 4-6 miles a day without panting. Sometimes I would bike into town & back 14 miles round trip. I remember one winter the roads were so bad that I cross country skied into town. I loved it! Everything came to a stop when I had my knee replaced. I still walk as much as possible, but I miss bike riding.The bike I have has a high center bar and the peddles make it hard to lift my knee to make the rotation.
In the Last few months I have been on a mission to find an older Schwinn with a low center bar. I need the low bar so I can dismount fast to prevent a fall (my biggest fear). Last week I saw an add in the paper for an old one speed ladies Schwinn bike. I called and found out no one had claimed it. I brought my treasure home, like a giddy little girl !
I have made a few attempts to ride it but only went the length of our short driveway.
Today I tried again and woosh , I went around our property only jumping off once! I will soon be heading to the nearest bike trail. No stopping me now!! The best $40.00 I ever spent!
BIKE RIDING...three cheers!! yay, yay, YAY! :) So proud of you Mary, I am so excited.... I love bike riding so much too. So glad you are able to enjoy it again.
ReplyDeleteCool....now you can post videos of your cute knees while riding like Miss Bebbi does ♥
ReplyDeleteMary I'm herrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou have a wonderful way with words. Thanks for including me in this part of your life! ((HUGS))