Thursday, April 28, 2011

Life is precious, why do some treat it so carlessly

I went to a "friends" visitation the other day. I put friend in quotes because he (Curt) was not a friend in the true sense of the word. I have known him for over 30 years. The first time I met him he was bragging about his "manhood" and how woman loved him. I learned to only believe half of what he said, and ignore the rest. You couldn't help but like him. He was a man who could spin a story like no other. He did magic tricks and was a great painter.No one knows how, but he met and married a beautiful/smart gal. She used to work in engineering with my husband at General Motors. He spent more time trying to get out of work, then the energy he could have used working!  They had 2 children. She finally tired of his antics and divorced him. She was at the funeral being as gracious as I remembered her. 
I was told he faked many an accident to get compensation.He was an A-1 example of a narcissist. It was always about him.  I used to tell him "Curt, you don't have to lie to me to get along with me". He could "embellish" a story until the truth was totally lost! In the last few years he got into drugs and that is what finally took him.
I am not sure why I felt the need to write this. I know no one is perfect. I like to think I can get along with everyone. Someone like Curt certainly make life more interesting, but at what cost? I hope he is somewhere where his tall tales are appreciated. RIP Curt. You were confusing, fun, crazy, and at times entertaining.

3 comments:

  1. Mary, That was beautiful and honest. I wonder about that type too. I wonder what cost too. Sometimes it saddens to me to think of so many lost souls who don't understand how precious every breath we get is. I, for one, intend to enjoy every one of my breaths and help and live and love till the end! :)

    I noticed you said confused, fun, crazy and entertaining. I hope when I go people say I am loving, kind, bubbly, sweet and loved everyone. I guess we are what we want to be. :) Love you!! xo Beverly

    GREAT BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beverly, you know I adore you. You will forever be "Bubbly" to me. Your personality is why you will always be my BFF :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog Mary!! Bless you for your patience with your friend. I hope he is now resting in peace ♥

    ReplyDelete